Dogs at Pitt Farm
Starting November 2023, to cater to our guests with dogs, we have carefully selected three of our cottages, Martingale, Mullen, and Kimblewick, to become pet-friendly accommodations. Well behaved dogs are welcome at our discretion and by prior arrangement.
We are dog-friendly, but we do not allow excessively vocal dogs, as it’s not fair on us, other dog owners, or other guests.
Please do not allow your dogs upstairs or on the furniture. Most importantly, dog owners should ensure that dogs are kept on the lead when around the cottages and our public spaces (we have free roaming chickens on site) and to be diligent in picking-up after them.
There is an additional cost of £30 per dog, per stay.
Unfortunately, due to the alpacas and zip-wire in our paddock, we do not have a designated space for owners to exercise their dogs. However, the following local beaches and public spaces are dog-friendly all year round:
- Alongside Pitt Farm is a public Bridlepath, perfect for a stroll (and conveniently, it’s straight to our local pub!).
- Mill Bay is a sensational National Trust Beach opposite Salcombe – a must at any time of year.
- Bigbury-on-Sea (west of the causeway), is a beautiful sandy beach on the West Coast.
- South Milton Sands is another lovely wide sandy beach on the West Coast, with an excellent Beach Cafe.
- North Sands is a lovely little sandy bay in Salcombe, with fun food at The Winking Prawn opposite.
- Finally, Strete Gate is a pretty beach at the end of Start Bay on the East Coast,. It is a sand and fine pebble beach with beautiful views across Start Bay
Booking Your Pet-Friendly Stay: To secure one of our pet-friendly cottages, simply let us know about your furry friend before making your reservation. We will be more than happy to assist you in choosing the perfect accommodation for you and your canine companion.
For more information, please refer to our terms and conditions.